Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello Again!

    Oh my has it been awhile since I have been able to log my thoughts into a daily blog. I have to admit I missed the opportunity dearly on many occasions. The last couple of months have been an incredible journey of stress, and opportunity and experiences I will never forget.

     Let's catch up! My husband and I purchased our first home, and are in love with the rustic charm and the way it connects us with nature. Our children are extremely happy here and their ability to roam free and exlore their 3 acres of forrest. So far it's not haunted which releives me incredibly ;)  The house is from the 1950's and needed it's fair share of love and attention. We have already put on a brand new roof, rennovated both bathrooms completely from scratch, and got 100 percent moved in, and have many other projects in store. My husband being the handy man he is decided to tackle all projects on his own (besides the roof) which has been.... interesting to say the least. We often have found ourselves without a proper bathroom, living amoungst construction materials, at one point only having a path of drywall to lead us from the living area to the kitchen. To you, it may seem like a nightmare with four kids. I think I took it well. I consider it an adventure, a price to pay for owning a home, a blessing to be able to improve upon it.
     People tell you it isn't as easy as you hoped. You spend way too much time and money at Home Depot. From now on we know to add a $500.00 safety to our project budget as well as 2 weeks extra time. Things go wrong and it always seems that when they can, they do. All of the lessons and stresses aside, we are extremely pleased with the way things turned out. We are looking forward to update on our kitchen and dining room and create a fabulous family room in our very old and outdated basement.

      We have also celebrated our twins 5th birthday, a wounderful and blessed Christmas, and brought in the New Year. We finalized on our decision to homeschool and I have been spending a lot of my time learing, researching and preparing to start in September. I am so excited to give it a try, it is something that has really began to mean a lot to my husband and I.

      I am realizing more and more about myself as an adult. I am an extremely passionate person with strong beleifs. I have always seen greatness in myself. I have always felt different like I will do something BIG someday. Like, I was not destined to just be. I have never given up hope. So wether its a blog or a conversation with a friend or going above and beyond in my parenting, maybe convincing someone that something I learned is worth learning about themselves, I will do something to make a difference to make my mark. I think I am learning that I have so much faith in myself. That I beleive that anything is possible, that I don't HAVE to be like everyone else. I like that about myself. So with all of that, I am so happy to be back. I am just HAPPY. That in itself is an accomplishment so worthy of sharing, because it took me so long to get here. I am happy with who I see in the mirror even though shes no super model, I am happy with my home, my children, and so incredibly happy in my marriage(which honestly I was not sure i'd ever be able to say while truly meaning it we have been to hell and back and worked EXTREMELY hard to get here) I am looking forward to sharing my experiences as a mom, teacher, wife, and semi-normal person. Share my humor, my knowledge, my strengths and my weaknesses, my tips about food/eating/family meals which is something I feel very strongly about. I hope that someone gets something out of me having a blog, but most of all I am most looking forward to what I get out of it.

    Happy New Years! I was truly blessed in 2012. I just hope we continue to get better with age :)

No comments:

Post a Comment