Saturday, September 8, 2012

When a Man loves a Woman


     The relationship between Man and Woman is confusing, interesting, and hard work to say the least and that is just in a plain old run of the mill relationship. Add a couple rings, some babies, a house, a business, some car payments, and little time left in the day to shower; and it's a recipe for A phone through the tv (yes, I am guilty for such a ridiculous act on more than one occasion.) What I mean is life is freaking hard, EVERYDAY!
     It is easy to go days without physical contact and not even realize it, or to have too many frustrating encounters while sharing a bed with your spouse, that you seriously consider being one of those freaky couples who adopt "his and her" bedrooms. It is easy to get caught up in the child rearing, and the dishes, crunching numbers, playdates, and making sure you just keep it all together, while in the process it is so easy for "it" to come unraveled.

       Which brings me to my point. It is an overwhelming feeling to realize the strength of uncondtionial love a good husband can have for his wife. I mean through it all, the kids the weight gains, the times of financial crisis and instability, the ridiculous arguments where I lost my temper and said horrible things, threw things, and challenged his ability to even be a father, husband, or man. He still loves me. He loves me MORE than he did when things were simple.

         It is nights like last night, the kids were in bed, we were in the livingroom sharing some beers and watching a movie I'd been dying to see, and it was apparent- he was just happy and content to be there with me. He always had been/ always will be. He has never made me feel like he needed or wanted more, like being home on a friday night wasn't enough. It's in the stroke of his hand against my cheek, and in an innocent gentle kiss on my forehead, a tickle, a joke. I just thought "wow this man really does love me and always will." He continues to change for me, try his best for me, provide for me, he doesn't run away or make me feel like the whole family is on my shoulders. We did all of this together and unlike most men his age, he has never settled for easy, or what will work, he rises above, he reaches to acheive greatness for me! He never ever ran away, or chose something else over us or made me regret it.

I mean I am a pain in the a**!!! I nag, I complain, I always want more, when i'm mad you better run for cover, I am relentless, impatient, alot of the times I am unkind, I blame others (mainly it's him) I pick on him for growing out his beard, for cooking for the family but not cleaning it the way I would, for leaving his socks and underwear on the floor ( ALL OVER THE HOUSE) for spending too much time in the garage, for eating crap all night long when I made a perfectly filling and healthy dinner. You name it I do it and.... and he is still here. He is still trying he still loves me.

       I wish I was more like my husband. He has simple needs and desires, he works so incredibly hard, he doesn't ask for much, he loves unconditionally. Even though I may be the glue that keeps this family together, he is the stick that holds the glue in place, that helps guide it, support it, make it work to its best ability.  When a man loves a woman unconditionally, that is God replacing a little bit of magic back into your marriage and into your life. Reminding you why you do it all, reminding you that when the rain passes, and the clouds clear up there is a bright sky and beautiful rainbow at the end- meaning you get to live, love, explore and enjoy life with your best friend. Marriage as hard as it may be is such a beautiful journey, I could not have chosen a better partner to go through it with.
I am a lucky wife... MOST of the time ;)

When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothing else
He'll trade the world
For the good thing he's found
If she's bad he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend
If he put her down

When a man loves a woman
Spend his very last dime
Tryin' to hold on to what he needs
He'd give up all his comfort
Sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way it ought to be

Well, this man loves a woman
I gave you everything I had
Tryin' to hold on to your precious love
Baby, please don't treat me bad

When a man loves a woman
Down deep in his soul
She can bring him such misery
If she plays him for a fool
He's the last one to know
Lovin' eyes can't ever see

When a man loves a woman
He can do no wrong
He can never own some other girl
Yes when a man loves a woman
I know exactly how he feels
'Cause baby, baby, baby, you're my world

When a man loves a woman.....




2 comments:

  1. Wow---- I know I raised my babies' right-- but wow!!! He makes his mommy proud. We love you both. We are very proud of you both for growing together on a daily basis. It will always be hard but on those really hard days--- look at what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am glad you enjoyed my post. Lots more to come! we love you too!!

      Delete