Friday, September 14, 2012

Stress Getting the Best of Me


     Ever since we decided we were going to go ahead and start house hunting I have been really stressed out. House hunting is a big job and responsibility, plus I have four young kids and a house to run. It has been really hard for me to efficiently do my job here when I know I have to prepare to start all over again in a couple months. The stress has made me a different person. I have been over eating, and eating extremely unhealthy. Me and my Husband both turn to food for comfort or to bond over. I feel tired, weighed down, bloated, and lack energy and motivation. My skin is horrible and I am just not happy with the person I see in the mirror.
    My cousin Ashley has been trying clean eating for the last two weeks and started a blog to share her journey and it really inspired me to make a change! Check it out for yourself :) http://ashleyvg.blogspot.com/?m=1 This change of lifestyle seems to really be working out for her. She says she is more energetic, gets fuller faster and is losing a lot of water weight.

                                                           
    I want to give it a try! It' basically 2 weeks of detox. You can only drink water, and the only foods you may have are fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and beans No grains, dairy, meat, or processed foods. Then after that 2 weeks you can slowly begin to add other things like meat and dairy. It makes sense! I think it would give me the wake up I need. I need to realize how to eat for fuel and not for comfort. Just because something tastes good it doesn't mean I need to eat it all the time. For example last week I bought two Paula Dean Gooey Butter Cakes from Wal- Mart because they were on the clearanced cart, and I wanted to try them Well they were BOTH gone in two days that was 1400 colories JUST from cake, I still ate breakfast lunch and dinner and washed it down with whole milk! I couldn't control myself!
    I am noticing a drastic change in my body that wasn't there a couple weeks ago. I know I just had a baby 7 months ago, and have three more and have a busy schedule, and a food budget. But I need to do this for myself. I deserve to feel good! I will be starting clean eating on Monday with my best friend April. She has way more self control than I do so hopefully she will help motivate me. I will also be pinteresting for motivation and reading my cousins blog! I hope this works for me like it is for her, because I could sure use to make some "ch ch ch changes" as she said :)
                                                                      

Stress doesn't deserve to get the best of me! My family and expecially my husband deserves the best of me. I mean looking good in your night clothes hmm or maybe if I make a really drastic change I could buy something a little spicier for the first time ;) THAT could't hurt the marriage!
Wish me luck

If you would like to keep track of my clean eating journey please hit the tab at the top named "TEAM Clean eat" there me and my friend April will share our journey in clean eating experiences, as she will be starting with me.
THANK YOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment