Friday, September 7, 2012

Captivated Audience

    Being a stay at home mom of four kids, I don't get to enjoy daytime tv like most moms who only have less to tend to. My days of "Ellen" and "Live! With Kelly Ripa" are long gone, replaced by cooking, cleaning, diaper changing, lesson plans, facilliating chores, caring for our animals, more cleaning, more cooking, time outs, and the quite often and truthfully- more than I'd like to admit is spent tearing my soon to be 5 year olds from bickering, and arguing and just plain trying to take over the house and WORLD before they drive me CRAZY. Okay, and let me go ahead admit, while were being honest, that a good chunk of my day is devoted to craigslist stalking, facebooking, pinning every recipe and idea that I will never even have the time or motivation to actually try myself, and now blogging. A woman has to have her vices, I justify mine by telling myself "atleast it's not crack" I'm demented.
    So beleive me when I tell you, when 8pm hits in my household, and all the little rugrats are in bed that is MY time to indulge in my ridiculous love of reality tv. (Real housewives of ANY origin, Jersey shore, etc), Teenage dramas (Pretty Little Liars, Secret Life, One Tree Hill, Vampre Diaries) or heartstopping "if I miss this show I will die" dramas (Greys Anatomy, Private Practice,) and lately my greatest obsession since all of my shows are currently on hiatus, and because we are currently buying our first home- anything on HGTV or DIY network just seems to tickle my fancy. With all this important and worldly tv watching going on in my master bedroom I simply do not have time for foolish shennanigans such as the news or politics.

      Wich (Finally) comes to my point- What about President Barack Obama makes me, as a 23 year old reality television obsessed mom, so captivated as to spend my whole night entraped in the Democratic Nationial Convention? I mean I missed like 4 episodes of rennovation realities and Mulan was on ABC AND I DIDNT EVEN WATCH THE VMA AWARDS!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT GAGA WORE. That is some mature tv watching going on right there.

      I am not a very politically involved person. The closest I have ever come to voting is calling American Idol when Kelly Clarkson gave me goosebumps. The only time political news entertained me was when Mr. Clinton gave Miss. Lewinsky the old "slap and tickle" ;)  good stuff. But when I heard Mr. Obama speak for the first time, my ears were open, goosebubmps covered my body (and Kelly Clarkson was no where to be seen, I mean Imagine that!) tears oftern filled my eyes at his words, and I was all of a sudden one of those people who talk to the tv, saying thigs like- "yeah!" "thats right!" "Amen" "You da bomb!" (okay maybe not the last one... or maybe... I'll never tell) I feel like he got me. He knows what my family needs. He knows where this Country needs to go. For the first time he made me care about politics, made me care enough to register to vote.
I started recording shows that had him or his fabulous wife Michelle Obama as guests. I was passionate about polotics, about Obama, about a man who served me no form of entertainment, scandal or drama. He helped me change from a person who would rather watch cartoons than the news, to a caring adult citezen who matters in the world, and who has a voice, who has a future, and who now has children who will be effected by these men who want to rule our world.

     I know Obama will have my vote this year "National Debt" or not. I know women have a voice, Homosexuals have a voice, Immigrant children have a voice, The Military who miss their fmilies and whos lives are on the line have a voice, children and students have a voice, OSAMA BIN LADEN HAS NO VOICE :)  and most importantly people of all kinda, who do not want to go backwards have a voice.
My favorite voice, however, is the sincere and passionate tones in President Barack Obama's. You da bomb!
;)

I do not own this photo nor any of the rights. This photo was borrowed from google. If you have a problem with it good luck sueing me because Im broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment