Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Best Part of Waking Up



    Ahhh another early chilly morning. The perfect morning to enjoy my hott cup of coffee even more than I already do. As I sit here waiting patiently for my first pot to brew, listening to three of my four kids act completely obnoxious. I take a deep breath and think to myself " just let me get some coffee."
    This morning dad decided to pop Cayden (our early riser) a bag of popcorn before he left for work. Naturally when the others woke up-  sharing the popcorn has become a team up debate of who holds it, who gets it and who deserves it.

Cayden: "Fine! I'm buying gum for me and Madison to share!"
Sienna: "Well, I've got coins."
Madison:"Common Cayden let's go!"

What was I thinking???? I wish I were in bed, feeling the impending fall breeze through my window watching some form of crappy tv, or even the news would suffice.

Ugh. Not till I've had my coffee.

Oh, thought interrupted. Now, they are fighting over a Penny and a blue ball, a ball I havn't even seen them care enough to play with in atleast 2 months, In fact I forgot we even had it.

Sienna wants the ball, the twins are trying to trade her, for her penny. She is devastated.
Madison: In her sweetest fakest voice "Sienna if you give me the penny I will give you the ball"
Sienna: stops crying, takes a deep breath "okay."
She gives Madison the penny all excited to get her treasured blue ball and... Madison runs away laughing with both items.
Cayden " YESSSS!!!"

What did I get myself into?
I JUST NEED MY COFFEE

Soon enough coffee will be pumping through my veins like my own personal form of speed, and all will be right in the world again. What would I do without it?
To all you tea drinkers, dieters, cleansers, juicers and people who just start their day with a beer and say "screw it!" my hat is off to you. I honestly could not survive life without my "cup of happy."

YES! pot is done, kids are now covering the livingroom floor with the first mess of the day. I will ignore them completely until my first cup is down the hatches, to prevent me from being a completel phyco.
Then it's nonstop- cooking, cleaning, packing, distracting, reffereeing, cooking and deep breathing techniques from there. Oh and most likely another 2 hour phone call to my best friend who is generally just as dependent on coffee (maybe even more than I am) and frustrated with life as I am.
Naturally we will talk of our mutual love of coffee, how tired we are, how dirty our floors are despite how much we clean them, wish for laundry maids, and talk about how much our husbands drive us nuts and how we just don't want to do ANYTHING today but sit and drink coffee. What would I do without her? That's a WHOLE other story ;) Till then:


Lord help me, and have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment